We regularly work closely with Non-Executive Directors, other Advisers and Business Consultants, preparing businesses for sale and executing M&A transactions.
On the SELL-SIDE
- When a sale is being considered, ensuring the timing of an exit is optimised and best choice of exit route determined in order to best meet shareholder objectives. And if multiple shareholders are involved, that there is strong alignment so conflicts of interest are avoided.
- As the deal progresses, making sure key steps in pre-sale planning process are followed.
On the BUY-SIDE
- Challenging whether an acquisition is in the best interests of the Company – does it fit with overall strategy and is the deal thesis compelling?
- During the execution phase, making sure that the Company doesn’t overpay, that due diligence is comprehensive and key findings are assessed and challenging revenue and synergy assumptions.
- And in the post-acquisition phase, confirming that anticipated benefits are being delivered.
Whether buying or selling, a key question to assess is whether the Company has the resources in-house to manage this process effectively and, in particular, the knowledge and experience to negotiate and navigate the complex transaction lifecycle successfully to completion.
Alaris Partner Programme
For Non-Executive Directors, as well as Advisers and Business Consultants, Alaris can provide valuable independent input and expertise from the earliest stages in a transaction process.
If you’d like to find out more about our Partner Programme, please contact us